Flying with Qatar in Business class
As I mentioned in the pre-post, this year I joined Ubisoft as an external force. Hired by third party company from Czech republic and invited to Bucharest to test the newest Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag.
First change is the preparation. Unlike a regular tester I have to prepare several weeks before coming to the test site and get ready all necessary documents. Since I live in China, the most important issue was how to get me back to Bucharest Romania. I was searching among available options and the best choice with acceptable cost/performance ration was to buy ticket from Qatar airways.
Qatar has relatively new fleet, excellent reputation and is flying directly to Chongqing as well. The ticket was obtained in the local Qatar airways office in IFC building on No. 28 Min Quan Road Chongqing. Very inconvenient though was that the ticket had to be payed cash! Seriously more than 10 000 RMB cash who carries around such an amount of money ffs.
In the day of departure I was really nervous and still in the middle of packing. Flight was scheduled on 23:50. At 22:50 I arrived to the correct international departure hall of Chonging Jiangbei airport. Since it is an international flight, the departure hall is further away from the metro entrance. Before I reached it I was swearing the heavy luggage and extremely hot Chongqing weather.
Check-in for my flight was not on the board and the designated check-in desk was closed and I thought thats the end. Fortunately the Qatar airways staff members were present in another desk and helped me out. First they scold me for being late and announced0 that my seat is gone.
BUT eventually I was awarded a seat in business class as remuneration for being late :-)
So what can Qatar airways business class offer you:
- First difference comes just before embarking the plane. You are put into a business class line and have the right to enter the plane prior to the economy class customers. Makes you feel you have more prestige but you face crowds passing you by in the narrow alleyway the same.
- Small snack and champagne/water. Before You can even discover all features of your seat the flight attendant offers you something small to bite and sip.
- Daily press is handed over by another flight attendant. Basically all big newspapers from destination and departure country, plus international titles.
- When you are comfortably seated after take off your personal flight attendant approaches to ask you for your menu choice. Really nice service when flight attendant gives you fine menu to pick from.
- Super comfortable seat that can be unfolded into a full bed. This is the best part of all the benefits. Seat space is well designed and provides you with absolute comfort you could have in plane. With just one button push you will choose to sleep, work or relax. If you get confused, your flight attendant will promptly help you out.
- You get your own Qatar airways pyjamas. Gray cotton pants and top to keep you warm.
- Appetizers, snacks and alcoholic/nonalcoholic drinks anytime during the flight. Appreciated especially when the air is really dry and you need to keep yourself hydrated. From bottled evian water to beer cans and wines you can pretty much choose according to your taste.
- Comfortable headphones, blindfold and earplugs (God bless those).
- Spacier toilet at your disposal. Unrecognizable, honestly, it seems the same.
- On air mobile service, laptop power and a USB plug. Except the USB plug there was everything as described.
- 5-star cuisine with infinite choices. Food is probably the cherry on top of all the delights. True masterpiece of
- In-fight entertainment. Considerably higher level of entertainment provided by onyx system. Newest movies in several language mutations on relatively big screen. You can choose from hundreds of movies in different genres. I have chosen 2 during my 7 hour flight and went to sleep while listening to Australian radio songs.
Flight facts:37000 feet above the ground
50 longitude degrees crossed
4 time zones
600 km/h speed
And this song: Foals - Late night song